Monday, October 25, 2010

Rustic

When decided what to name my fledgling photography business, I kept coming back to one word: rustic. It pretty much sums up me and my life. I live in the country, always have. I like old things. I prefer a worn old table to a new one. When it comes to my photographs, I like my pictures more natural, earthy.... well, rustic!
While many have their great talents and abilities with props and backgrounds, I have always gravitated toward natural light and beauty. So when I kept coming back to the word rustic, which virtually describes most elements of my life, I looked the word up.

Rustic (adjective)
1: of, relating to, or suitable for the country : rural <rustic rolling farmland>
2: a: made of the rough limbs of trees <rustic furniture> b: finished by rusticating <a rustic joint in masonry>
3: a: characteristic of or resembling country people b: lacking in social graces or polish
4: appropriate to the country (as in plainness or sturdiness) <heavy rustic boots>
Rustic (noun)
1: an inhabitant of a rural area
2: a: an awkward coarse person b : an unsophisticated rural person

Yup, that's me in a nutshell.... rustic. I have tried to work on the social graces and polish a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment