Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 3/52





When I read this weeks them for this weeks MCP Actions Project 52
I immediated thought of a photo I took last spring that I named "shades of grey." Four cows and calves together, the one in the middle littlerally a "shit head!" Not the greatest photo, but it captures my beautiful cows in the spring grass and adds a little comic humor with shit head there.

So when I started thinking about how I would illustrate "shades of grey" I immediately went back to my grey cows. The greys are my favorite, I'm sorry to all the black and red cows. Most all of our greys we have raised and kept as replacement cows. They are mostly pets, pickup followers and good mommas.
So now that my brain was stuck on my grey cows, I snapped some photos while working up at our ranch. I didn't think any were spectacular... but I focused in on this photo for a while trying to make it the one. I was never completely happy with my editing nor the composition, while the photo does have four different shades of grey!  

Finally I pulled up this nondescript photo of this grey cow heading back to get her calf. Originally the photo lacks a lot of character or interest. So I cropped it in a long rectangle giving the picture of sense of direction and movement.
I am pretty happy with the final outcome. I think this would look lovely on a canvas on the wall above a sofa!




1 comment: